Frequently Asked Questions
Your car is either the first or the second largest investment you're likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally with us at Kraftsman Auto Body.
Do I have the right to choose where I get my vehicle fixed?
Yes. Your insurance company may have a shop that they recommend but the decision is always yours to make. It is your vehicle! We're passionately focused on providing you with an exceptional repair experience.Back to Top
Will the paint match my vehicle's color?
Yes! The manufacturer installs a paint code in your vehicle that allows us to mix paint specifically for your vehicle. We mix your paint ON LOCATION to achieve the perfect color match. Our computerized mixing system produces a color formula from a combination of over 80 different color tints. Our digital scale allows us to accurately mix down to 1/10 of a gram!Back to Top
When can I wash & wax the new paint?
We go the extra mile so you won't have to worry about it when you come to pick it up. Your vehicle will be treated to a complimentary interior and exterior cleaning before you arrive. The new paint finish is baked in our spray booth to assist with the curing and cross-linking process so it can be gently hand-washed. You won't need to, but if you want to apply a wax, you'll need to wait for at least 30 days. Wash with a mild soap with no wax in the soap.Back to Top
How do I maintain my vehicles finish?
At Kraftsman Auto Body we use a sophisticated refinishing system and we use Dupont products. Here are some helpful tips:
- Remove stains and bird droppings as soon as possible to prevent acid etching of the new paint finish. Avoid parking under trees.
- Avoid extreme temperatures.
- Avoid spilling chemicals such as antifreeze or coolant on the finish.
- Kraftsman Auto Body never recommends drive thru car washes or pressure washing your vehicle.
- Always wash your vehicle in the shade.
- Use a mild soap with a soft cloth to wash your vehicle. Stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish and damage the surface.
- Use clean water to rinse your vehicle, use a chamois to dry. Do not dry wipe, it could scratch the finish.
- Avoid gravel roads, chipping the finish is easily done in the first 30 days.
- Do not wax or polish the vehicle for at least 90 days, this will allow the finish more time to cure.
Will the repaired vehicle be as safe as it was before the accident?
Absolutely! Kraftsman Auto Body has invested over 30 years in the business with the latest equipment, technology, and training to ensure your repaired vehicle meets the manufacturer's specifications. Our equipment delivers tight tolerances to make the vehicle as safe, or safer than the day it rolled off the assembly line. Our expert employees want you and your family safe.Back to Top
Do I receive a warranty?
How does a Lifetime Warranty sound?!! Kraftsman Auto Body stands by the workmanship done on each vehicle with our Lifetime Warranty for as long as you own the vehicle. The warrantee is through us not the insurance company. We stand by our craftsmanship.Back to Top
How do I get a rental car?
Another great reason to choose Kraftsman Auto Body! We have established preferred services with Enterprise. We have exclusive body shop rates and they will be sure to have a rental. Enterprise will pick you up drop you off at our shop. No need for an extra person. They are only a couple of blocks away from Kraftsman Auto Body.
Sounds easy, doesn't it? It is!Back to Top
When do I pay my deductible?
Your deductible is payable in full at the completion of the repairs.Back to Top
What other services do you provide?
We offer Headlight Restoration, 24-hour towing, roadside assistance, fleet painting. Personal and outstanding customer service.Back to Top
What form of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, local checks, visa, master card and cashiers check. Final payment is due upon completion of the vehicle.Back to Top
Insurance Dilemma. The insurance company said if I didn't take my vehicle to a shop not on their list, I will be responsible for anything unpaid. Is this true?
Let us help you negotiate your claim with the insurance company.
We have been dealing with insurance companies for over 30 years.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. Don't be surprised if the insurance estimate is lower than the body shop's estimate. The insurance company can only write an estimate for what they see. Don't worry. If additional work is needed to complete the repair of your vehicle, we will go back to the insurance company for the difference.
- Your vehicle repairs are our main concern to be sure you and your family are back on the road safely. We make sure your vehicle is back to pre-accident condition.